The Church of the Transfiguration of Christ, which is found in Niokastro of Pylos was originally built as a mosque, probably in 1573. It was one of the two Islamic mosques of the city of Navarino. It has cruciform configuration with a central and four small Domes. On the west side there is an outer portico (REAC) with five arches, one of which collapsed during the demolition of the minaret. To 1686 the Venetian commander Francis Morosini conquered the castles of the Navarino Bay and transformed the mosque into a Roman Catholic Church of Christ the Savior. After his reconquest Moriah in 1715, the Turks restored it to the worship of Allah and finally the llines after liberation turned it into a church in the name of the Transfiguration of the Savior.